Personal Injury Cases in Jackson, Alabama
While Jackson might be the largest city in Clarke County, AL, it’s far from a “big city.” This small town with a deep history is home to over 5,000 residents, which provides a significant risk of accidents and injuries.
Unfortunately, we can’t control the behavior of others. Even the safest among us can fall victim of another party’s negligent or reckless conduct. An accident resulting in injury can change your life in an instant.
At Turner, Onderdonk, Kimbrough, Howell, Huggins, & Bradley, P.A., we routinely work with individuals and families from Jackson and throughout Southwest Alabama who have suffered serious injuries and financial hardship because of another party’s negligence. If you’ve been through no fault of your own, contact one of our office today for a free consultation.
Compensation for Damages After an Injury in or Around Jackson, AL
Did someone crash into your car, sell you a defective product, or cause an injury to you otherwise? Did someone’s animal attack you? If you’ve been hurt by another party’s careless or negligent actions, you may be entitled to compensation through a personal injury claim or lawsuit.
Your life after an accident can change dramatically. In the blink of an eye, you have mounting medical bills, are unable to work, and feel stress about what the future holds. When another party was responsible for your injuries, you have the right to pursue various forms of damages, including, but not limited to the following:
- Payment for past and future medical bills and expenses
- Payment for past and future lost wages
- Compensation for permanent scarring and disfigurement
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
In an injury case, our firm does not charge you a dime unless we secure compensation on your behalf. During these troubling times, you already have enough on your plate and shouldn’t have to worry about paying for legal representation to initiate and litigate your claim or case.
The Basis of Personal Injury Cases in or Around Jackson, AL
In a personal injury case, the injured party must show that the party who caused the accident owed a duty of care to the injured party and, further, that they breached the duty owed. The injured party must also show a direct link between the breached duty, the accident and the resulting injuries.
Without legal representation, proving these elements is a daunting task. Our firm advocated for the interest of clients in many different types of personal injury cases including the following:
Motor Vehicle Accidents
These cases make up most personal injury claims in this county. A typical car accident often involves a personal vehicle, truck, motorcycle, bicycle, or a pedestrian. Common causes of motor vehicle accidents include:
- Driver negligence
- Overloading of large trucks
- Defective vehicle parts
Premises Liability Cases
Property owners, both residential and commercial, must exercise reasonable caution and care to protect people present on their property from harm. Common accidents which occur on residential and commercial premises include:
- Slip and fall
- Dog or animal attacks
- Swimming pool accidents
Products Liability Cases
When you purchase or use a product, it shouldn’t jeopardize your health and safety. If you’re injured due to the failure of a product, the product’s designer and/or manufacturer could be held accountable for your injuries. Examples include:
- Defective vehicle parts
- Defective equipment such as cranes, saws or heavy machinery
- Dangerous toys
Before You File a Personal Injury Lawsuit in Alabama
What you do immediately after an accident can make a major difference in the outcome or success of your case. Before you take legal action against the responsible party, we recommend that you take the following crucial steps to protect your rights:
- Seek immediate medical attention – You may feel pain immediately after an accident. However, sometimes people won’t feel anything until hours or days later. This is why we recommend that you seek medical care as soon as possible either way so that your condition can be evaluated and so your injuries can be properly documented.
- File a police report – Whether it was a motor vehicle accident, an accident on public or private property, or some other event caused by another party, call the appropriate authorities immediately to document the event.
- Take Photographs and videos – Photos and videos make telling evidence and can significantly help your case. If your condition allows, take photos and videos of the scene, vehicles and/or individuals involved. If you’re unable to, ask that someone do so on your behalf.
- Collect witness information – Obtain the names and contact information of any witnesses so that they can provide a detailed account of the incident and corroborate your story.
- Preserve your records – Maintain detailed records of your damages, such as bills, expenses, mileage and lost time from work.
- Hire a personal injury attorney – It may be tempting to handle things on your own, but you are more likely to get the compensation you deserve if you enlist the services of a knowledgeable attorney.
We can’t emphasize enough how important it is to avoid speaking with an insurance company or adjuster until you first speak with an attorney. You stand to lose much more than you stand to gain by speaking with the insurance company.
How a Personal Injury Law Firm Familiar With Jackson, AL Can Help
Dealing with an unexpected injury and loss of income is a lot to handle at once. While you focus on medical treatment and rebuilding your life, our law firm will handle the intricate details of developing your case.
We will take over all communication with the insurance company so that you can concentrate on recovery and your family. As skilled litigators and negotiators, we will set your case up for success by gathering evidence eliminating defense.
If the insurance company poses any challenges in your case, we won’t hesitate to fight for you in court if that’s what it takes to obtain the most favorable result. Our attorneys always make sure you know what is happening by being completely accessible to our clients.
Contact a Personal Injury Attorney with Experienced in Jackson, AL Today
For more than six decades, the attorneys at Turner, Onderdonk, Kimbrough, Howell, Huggins & Bradley, P.A., have been committed to fighting for personal injury victims and their families throughout Jackson and Southwest Alabama. If you or a loved one has been injured in or around the Jackson area, our firm will put its experience and resources to work on your behalf.
Contact one of our two office today by calling (251) 847-2237 (Chatom) or (251) 651-0483 (Bay Minette) or reach out to us online. We offer free consultations for personal injury clients.